Tuesday, June 2, 2009

World View 2

World view affects the core of our lives. For instance, if you have the world view that the Creator God is there and He is active in our lives we are either reconciled to Him and at peace with Him, or we are at odds with Him. If we are at peace with Him the circumstances of life, especially those out of our control, can be left in His hands. We can have confidence that He will not only take care of us according to His word, but we can have confidence that if we die, He will take care of us eternally, again according to His word.

Conversely, if we have a world view that this is all there is and when we die there is nothing but oblivion, it would seem one would become obsessed with living, either to live with reckless abandoned so as to squeeze as much living as possible in the time one has here on earth, or to become obsessed with longevity leading to concerns about health and the extension of life for as long as possible. There is also the gamble of life. In the second world view one is gambling eternity on their world view and if it is wrong, they have everything to loose and nothing to gain.

8 comments:

Patrick O'Shea said...

Atheists try to prolong life as long as possible? How do you explain this: Deeply religious more likely to fight death.

JTA said...

Patrick, nice to hear from you again. As usual, I don't agree with you entirely. Those who have a deep faith and trust in God, the Creator, and have faith in His ability to take care of them in eternity have a peace about death. Many deeply religious people don't have this confidence. Atheists certainly don't. I know some atheists who are severly distressed about their life coming to an end. The push of our whole society, driven by secularists and atheists, is to stay young, live as long as possible, and to make a quest of happiness.

Patrick O'Shea said...

You're right about one thing, John, I don't think there is a god who will take care of me in eternity, in fact I don't think there is an eternity, but I do have a peace about death. I not in any hurry to get to that time but I do accept that I will die and I don't think I'm severely distressed about it.

I think you are confusing secularists and atheists with the Hollywood crowd who spend their time chasing youth and every other fad that comes along in a quest for happiness. You're average everyday atheist is no more likely to be that kind of person than you are.

JTA said...

You could be right with some atheists who have accepted the fate of their beliefs, but I have seen others severely distressed, as are some "religious" people. You are right about the Hollywood crowd. Why does the left even accept these people as part of their crowd? Think about this. If I am right, you loose. If I am wrong, we both go into oblivion. I would be distressed about that. I think in the back of the mind of every atheist and every one antagonistic to their Creator is the nagging thought that there may be something more than this life.

Drift Financial Services said...

I always search such wonderful blog and after so many efforts finally I got you. Keep writing the same
Pharmacy home delivery in UAE
Pharmacy near Business Bay

Drift Financial Services said...


Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this.
Architects in Indore
Civil Contractors in Indore

Drift Financial Services said...

Good luck & keep writing such awesome content.

Virgin Linseed Oil BP
flaxseed oil
cmsed

Drift Financial Services said...

Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
Approved Auditor in JAFZA
i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
Approved Auditor in DMCC